Friday 14 January 2011

14/01/11

  • Hospitality assistant, fish4jobs
  • Art sessional worker in camden, artsjobs
  • sales, marketing and customer service, fish4jobs
  • Sales, marketing, office work, fish4jobs
  • Customer service assistant, fresh start, fish 4 jobs
  • Waitress at a kiwi restaurant, gumtree
  • bar staff/waitress at a burlesque bar
I put loads of effort into the workshop one in Camden, I really want to do this. I'm thinking of doing some voluntary work to get some more experience. I'm going to wait til I get a job first though and do it once a week maybe. I put out a marketing CV on fish4jobs...

Response: I got invited to loads of marketing interviews. I went to one interview and I found it really dodgy. There were tonnes of applicants (I had to wait almost 2 hours after my time slot for my interview), and they didn't really specify what the job was or what it payed. I got the feeling it was commission based, but they were really mysterious. They said that I would have to do a trial shift, and see if I was suitable... the next ! but I wasn't allowed to know what I was doing. Previous experience with a job like this put me right off, so I didn't go to the trial shift.

    1 comment:

    1. I went to an interview for a marketing job and I found it really dodgy. There were tonnes of applicants, and they didn't really specify what the job was or what it payed. I got the feeling it was commission based, but they were really mysterious. They said that I would have to do a trial shift, and see if I was suitable... the next day but I wasn't allowed to know what I was doing. Previous experience with a job like this put me right off, so I didn't go to the trial shift.

      ReplyDelete