Thursday 27 January 2011

27/01/11

  • Customer Adviser, gumtree 
  • Support worker, gumtree
I put a lot of effort into the support worker one, as you know, I'd really like to help young people to find work. 

Response: I got an interview for this support worker job- I applied because I wanted to work with young people helping them to find employment, but it turned out to be more of a social worker position. I don't know very much about social working and found the questions really difficult. For example: "If you went to a house and a nine year old boy told you he was hungry because his mum didn't give him breakfast, or dinner the day before. What would you do?" My first instinct; buy him some breakfast! But I couldn't think of what to say. I answered, "I'd report it to a manager. I would hope to receive training about what to do in this kind of situation." They said they'd call. They haven't. I don't think I wanted the job anyway.

    1 comment: