Thursday 10 February 2011

Lying on your CV

Jobs I have applied for today: 
  • Care worker, gumtree
  • Artist in residence, univeristy of arts website
  • Home keeper, directgov
  • Domestic cleaner, jobisjob
  • Room attendant, directgov
  • Hospital porter, nhs
I've come to my mum's house to use her internet, and I am trying to wack out as many applications as I can but I'm finding it harder to even see jobs I want to apply for now, I feel like I've exhausted most of the ones I want to do so I'm having to branch out into areas I don't exactly have experience in. This is not my first time applying for cleaner jobs but I decided to up my chances of hearing back by altering my CV...

So I lied about having a cleaner job, well, I technically bended the truth a little. But how hard can it be? I've done cleaning in ALL of my catering roles!! I have been trained in food hygiene, cleaning, and safe heavy lifting, and done all sorts of cleaning tasks from cleaning floors to toilets. All I really did was add a job title I didn't have. Is it wrong if I have the skills and experience without the title that they scan for when looking at your CV?

I bet they have thousands of applicants and I'm starting to think I might be overqualified. Should I take my degree off my applications? Is it really a sin of omission... Or just one of the things we do for money.

I have also exagerrated language skills I have such as saying I speak basic French, when I did it at GCSE 8 years ago and remember a few words. Saying I speak basic Slovak when I haven't used it since I got back in November and pretty much never expect or want to again.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment